Thursday 3 November 2011

Date Seven....Second Degree Burns


There’s a saying Caribbean people have about revisiting old relationships that goes ‘old firestick easy fi ketch’… translation… ‘previous loves/relationships are easily resuscitated’.
I never really understood that saying despite the multitude of R+B songs on the radio pining about unrequited love, the plethora of Hallmark cards pledging affections, the Viacom Studios scripted boy woos girl- their compatibility and similarities are uncanny-boy messes it up -boy does a noble deed to reclaim his honour-they ride off into the sunset storyline, and now here I am faced with my own fiery doppelgänger…
A niggling thorn in my otherwise romance-impregnable demeanour, the one that makes me wonder if it’s ever worth another try, the one who takes me from stark black ash of hate and regret to lingering red passionate emblems of reminisce.
What cruel deity scripts these stories? Aphrodite must be having a grand cackle while I trace the scar outline of the burns...the ones not inflicted by the carpet..


 If you see a ghost
Don't approach, it isn't me
I'm holdin' on, but I'm close
You're killing me, oh my love
We end up just like a kiss
... It's bittersweet
I'm livin', but my heart still says
In memory of your love
I'm six feet over
I'm six feet over, you... 

7 comments:

  1. nothing spells love like a jar of honey..lol.. thanks in advance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. based on your posts u doan learn do ya .. or u jus love the pain as a crack head is to heroine ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learn a plenty + I'm quite convicted never to make the same mistakes. However like Sampson, we all have our Achilles heel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ar u mixin the bible and greek mythology?

    ReplyDelete
  5. because this is a sin in which realm again?

    ReplyDelete