Tuesday 26 July 2011

What's In a Blog?

I figured it would only be a matter of time before I got into this blogging thing and alas I've been snagged.

There are certain evils I've intentionally gone out of my way to avoid and whilst some I will have to play close to my chest for fear of them popping from behind the Mulberry bush, blogging was definitely a no-no with twitter running a close second.

Reason being... I think I hate writing :-/  

Ok ok...maybe not all the time, but certainly sometimes it becomes rather gruelling...but why you say?
Simple answer...I write for a living...but don't get it twisted, i love what i do...so it’s fair to say that writing and I have a serious love-hate relationship... I guess that makes writing my boyfriend...
We all write...whether its messages, emails, doodles, surname matches with Mr./Mrs. McDreamy but for a writer, constructing even a supermarket list soon becomes tedious and will elicit groans and grunts. Does an accountant want to spend his leisure time looking at more numbers? 

But as I continue to tap out letters on this keyboard, I scour my brain for purpose... so what's in a blog?

A blog (short for weblog) is a personal online journal that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption
I don't even vocalize half the 'personal' thoughts that run through my head (except obvious funny faux pax) yet I here I have now committed myself to write them...hmm.. 

Commitment for me is a big deal and a big step so let's reciprocate then eh Mr. Blog...
..For my passionate entries, i expect to feel fluidity and experience less writers block professionally..
..For my thought provocations, i expect progress in my own self journey and introspection..
..I expect at the end of it all for us to be head over heels in love...

                             so we've sealed the deal with a 'click' now let our relationship begin...


2 comments:

  1. Well Congrats on Mr. Blog, wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look for your e-invite to our wedding a few years down from now...:-)

    ReplyDelete